Tuesday, July 24, 2007

sick again!


Poor Lulu is sick again. We saw Dr Lim this afternoon and she has another chest infection, but this time, her lungs are suspect too. So I get to work from home this week while she recovers. Mimi is thankfully fine.

I have been seriously trying to work out ways that I can sneak some sewing in this week. I am feeling so inspired to get into my craft again after not doing much for so long. Mum and Kat are coming down from Sydney this weekend to look after the cherubs and I am going to the coast with some other mums from EB. I am planning to read (still haven't finished The Time Traveller's Wife that I started on the flight back from LA, nor have I read any of my book club books for ages), and take down some of my applique work.

We have had some lovely gifts arrive in the mail in the last few weeks - lovely hand-knitted jumpers with matching beanies from Kyls' mum Lyn; Texas presents from my yankee friend Kel; and a little toy each for the girls from my sister Monique and her hubby Jon. Lucky us! I'll take some photos when the girls are better.

The girls are gowing up super fast. Mimi started to run on the weekend! It was so cute watching them play chasings (and listening to the giggling that was involved). Mimi also comes out with random complicated words - this morning it was "butterfly", as she had a butterfly on her top. Lulu is a little miss. I was watching her play with dolls on the weekend and she said "Oh my goodness, look at this mess"! (Wonder if I say that a bit too much?) and then she came out with "dont you DARE". (again, while playing with her dolls. I am sure that one is not from me)

My wonderful friend from school Mark is getting married in the UK this weekend. I know that he sometimes checks in here, so a message: Mark and Victoria - may all your dreams come true. Have a wonderful first day of the rest of your lives together. We must catch up when you are next in Australia. (and please email me some photos).

No comments: