We have had a fantastic weekend - after swimming we had a party for Jasmine's first birthday, then a quiet birthday breakfast for Maddie this morning, and we ended the weekend with the Justine Clarke concert this afternoon. (I think that I was more excited than Kya about seeing Justine in concert).


Justine is a presenter on Playschool who has released a fantastic CD for kids - the music is complex, layered and so fun. Writer Peter Dasent (Playschool pianist) has used samba rhythms, circus music, jazz beats and a wealth of musical tricks to give each track it's own personality and story. The lyrics and themes have also been carefully written, being relevant to preschoolers, yet surreal and silly. In the same way that Playschool addresses each individual child, Clarkes' singing does the same. While taking on the role of a cheeky kid, she is singing to her best friend and expects them to join in. It's difficult not to!
We got her CD last Christmas and it has been on high rotation ever since. We sat with Bronwyn, Holly, Isabelle and Maddie and the girls had a ball. Kya, Maddie and Holly disappeared down the front to the 'mosh pit' to get up close with Justine - you can see Kya in the bottom of the photo where Justine is singing the "lets dress Up". The concert was lots of fun - she is a fantastic kids entertainer (and I was pretty enthralled too!). Kya informed me on the way home (just before she fell asleep) that she loved Justine and that "watermelon" was her best song. Nanna and Honey also know all of Justine's songs and the I Like to Sing CD is in #1 position in their car CD player too. Nanna informs me that Honey's favourite is "watermelon" as well!
Kya, Mali and I stayed behind after the concert and we met Justine - she is so lovely and had a photo with the girls and signed our DVD.







3 comments:
Sounds like a fantastic concert!!! Austy loves the "I like to sing" song when she sings it on the ABC... then in the shower he sings "I love it, I really really do...." then has a little giggle at himself. Very cute. I didn't know there was a Justine CD - will have to put it on the birthday list for him, he will really really love it! ;)
We are mad Justine fans too and went to the concert at the opera house. It was fabulous! I like to sing, lalala la la.....
OMG your girls got to meet Justine!!! I am excited for them! We went to the Canberra concert - it was a sell-out and we loved every minute!
Post a Comment