Tuesday, August 12, 2008

6 things meme

I have been tagged by Brazen, a Canberra on-line buddy to do a "6 things" meme.

6 things meme
1. Link to the person who “tagged” you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

1. K is an amazing person, and I have learnt a lot from her strength over the last few years. Our youngest children are almost the same age, and she has flogged me a fair bit of tupperware (a lot of which is still unused in the cupboard lol)

2. see above lol

3. (1) every winter I wonder why I live in Canberra. It is freezing here and everyone seems to hibernate - I don't see my neighbours from about May until October
(2) I love planning and starting projects but I have difficulty finishing things. I have hundreds of quilts in my head, and many many cut out and in various stages of completion, but then I get scared. I have lots of tops and flimsys, all in bags with thier matching backings and bindings, but the machine quilting process terrfies me as I don't want to wreck anything, despite having done 2 free motion quilting classes. I have started to have my larger quilts professionally quilted so that I can actually get them used before I don't love them anymore!
(3) ditto above for my job (the loving starting projects thing - I actually have to finish things at work!)
(4) My house is a mess. I dream of living in an uncluttered 'show-home', but hey, where would the fun in that be?
(5) I joined the Australian Volunteers International Program in my early 20s and lived in Papua New Guinea for almost 6 years - I was supposed to go for 6 months!
(6) I love lemon crisp biscuits (you know the ones that are kind of a salty cracker and have lemon cream inside). Everyone else I know thinks that these are foul.

4. I'm going to break the tag (I think I always do this when I get tagged!) as I find it so difficult

5. see above

6. will do :D

1 comment:

brazen's crafts said...

aw thanks for doing it and saving me the guilt of tagging you on your blog lol

now i remember why i don't usually pick anyone ;)