This recipe came from my friend Skue and it has become a favourite here that I often take when I am asked to bring a dessert.
Blueberry Croissant Pudding
butter for greasing
3 large croissants, cut length ways into thick slices (I have also used mini ones and they are fine too)
1 punnet blueberries (I have used frozen blueberries, raspberries, frozen mixed berries or chocolate pieces (white or milk) all turn out yummy)
250 gm block philly cheese, softened
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
Grease a 6 cup ovenproof dish
arrange croissant slices in a single overlapping layer in the base on the dish
Sprinkle with berries
beat the Philly and caster sugar until smooth
gradually pour in cream , milk, eggs and vanilla until mixed
pour the mix over the croissants and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes
sprinkle liberally with the brown sugar
bake at 180 degrees C in a water bath for 40 minutes or until golden
serve hot with cream or ice cream
YUM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
*drool*
Post a Comment