Friday, June 12, 2009

little skirts from old pants

I have whipped up some quick skirts for the girls, out of some old cord pants. The cream pair were mine, but I was realistically never going to fit into them again, but I loved the fabric so much I couldn't get rid of them (it has ribbon roses embroidered onto it). The pink striped one is from a pair of pants that I bought in an op shop, with the plan of re-fashioning something for the kids because the fabric was bright and fun. They were so easy to do, no pattern or anything. Just cutting up the outler leg seam of the pants, then cutting to length, overlocking up the sides, turning over a casing and threading the elastic through.






I still have a bit more of both pieces of fabric, so will see what becomes of them!

I also made a skirt for Lulu out of a thrifted 'big girl' skirt that has bits of silver in the fabric - again, easy peasy. Cut of the wasitband and remove zipper, cut to length and turn the casing for elastic. No need to hem or anything as I used the existing hem.

In more refashioning, I also cut up a thrifted waffle weave dressing gown and cup up some new face washers for myself - just doubled them and overlocked around the edges. Couldn't be easier.

I have bought a large length of white waffle weave to make the girls each a throw for their beds - I just need to choose a great fabric to bind them in - I was thinking a bright red spot?Any suggestions? I have a gorgeous white waffle weave blanket on my bed and I love how crisp it always looks.

3 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Cool! What a great idea. I have some, ahem, pants that are never going to fit again too...

Michelle said...

I have some red with white spots here you can have if you like. Spots are a bit bigger than a 5c piece. If you are interested let me know how much you need and I will see if I have enough.

Jodie said...

Thanks for popping by and visiting my blog...
I'd love you to join our washcloth swap... Reply with your email address and I'll forward you the info...

Take Care
Jodie :)