Monday, March 24, 2008

Kaffe Fassett Butterfly Quilt



These goregous Kaffe fabrics hanging on my line are being cut into this quilt. Vicky has made this butterfly quilt once before out of 1930s repro prints and it is STUNNING!
I have to be honest and say that I rarely wash my fabric before sewing, but apparently the new line of Kaffe fabrics shrinks along the length by about 10cm (not apparently, it actually does, as we discovered)
My friend Vicky and I are going to cut and sew together, which will be fun. We have done this before when we were both living in PNG, having a bit of a production line, where we would cut out together and sew together and make one quilt each, staying up late into the night with lots of laughter and cups of tea. We made together the autumn leaves quilts,the scrappy baskets quilts and the pigs quilts, and Freddie's House (almost 6 years ago now). I think that we also did the bugs in jars together. She often reminds me about cutting over 450 little pink triangles for all of the pigs feet and ears!! I will have to do a post sometime soon about the quilts that I have actually made.


1 comment:

Leah said...

Lovely Kaffe - I can't get enough of them. Love to see a progress shot of the butterflies...

That autumn leaf quilt is great too, I don't think I've seen a version of it that I don't like :)